Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 5/29/08
“Think P.I.G. That’s my motto. P stands for Persistence. I stands for Integrity., and G stands for Guts, These are the ingredients for a successful business and a successful life.”
(Linda Chandler) For me, the key ingredient is Integrity. Yes, it’s good to be persistent and to have guts, but if you’re not honest, are you really successful? Do you have a motto? ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Had a doctror named Motto once. He retired. First name was Thatsmy.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: A line from one of my favorite songs (When You Say Nothing at All—Alison Krause) sums up well: “Old Mr. Webster could never define; what’s going on between your heart and mine.” Of course this line has to do with how I feel about my wife, but there is a similar thing going on in other relationships and business. Most of life perhaps as much as 85 percent according to many studies has to do with getting along with people. P.I.G. is a good start and in a binary/robot world it could work. The fact is most people are reached on an emotional level. When I was young I had many acronyms (PMA, et al) I thought held the secrets to life and I was sincere, persistent, embraced integrity, and had plenty of chutzpa. As I say in Good Debt, Bad Debt, “How unfair is life to insert emotion at the beginning of a simple math problem?”

FROM MOLINER, B.G.: My motto is:" Money is a lousy way to keep score."I have it printed on all my checks.

FROM B.G. IN MI: Yes, I do. I like Luther’s idea of sinning boldly. And, of course, there’s always “carpe diem” from Dead Poets’ Society with Robin Williams.

FROM EMT SINGS: Probably "It is what it is". Covers a whole lot of could've/would've/should've!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The scripture Miriam Woolbert of ELCA offices sent out today: Romans 2:17-29 about "real circumcision is a matter of the heart--it is spiritual and not literal" speaks exactly to the integrity in today's Winning Words that make for a successful business and a succesful life. "Such a person receives praise not from others but from God." Thanks for the Winning Words again today, Pastor Freed. I feel like it's all making sense.
My favorite mottos are "The wind blows where it will" and let "God be God."
Sharon