Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 5/21/08
“I think the one lesson I have learned is that there is no substitute for paying attention.”
(Diane Sawyer) I read a couple of daily newspapers, scan the NY Times on line, listen to bits of NPR, read a weekly news magazine, browse the TV news channels and listen to what people are saying in public about events of the day. Yes, I try to pay attention, but with discernment. What sources influence you? ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON: What?

FROM B.G. FROM MI: I listen to npr, read Sojourners daily e-mails, watch Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, read Time, the Detroit Free Press, etc. I also find that The Christian Century is a very helpful guide, when it comes to the intersection of religion and public life (e.g. politics; economics).

FROM R.P. IN MI: E-mails like yours, Jack! Thanks

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: Winning Words. Keep them coming.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: It's difficult, these days, to find a news source that isn't biased. I guess I'd say friends are my best source of information I can trust.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: when someone in our family graduated, a note said: " I am so broke, I can't even pay attention".

No comments: