Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 5/14/08
“The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.”
(Carl Jung) Rockports and Eccos for me. The blog shows some prefer other brands. So be it. Wear what you think is comfortable. ;-) Jack


FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: My vote goes to Easy Spirit!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: keens,uggs, and birkenstocks for me! truth be known, i prefer barefoot and love when my feet can be liberated in the warmer weather!
MORE FROM M.L.: ok...here's the deal...many feet, many shoes. there is unity in diversity. i love my shoes, but i also love and respect yours. shoe choices are alot like the life/love choices, don't you think? all the while, it is all about being caring, sharing, loving, peaceful people walking through life together. we should all be comfortable in our shoes and preferably wearing clothing that feels like pajamas for the journey.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Maybe I spent too much time in loafers instead of work boots.

FROM G.G. IN INDY: Uggs (I have my purple ones on as we speak), Doc Martin's and Keens for me......cute and comfortable, that's my criteria. I love shoes. p.s. if the shoe fits...wear it!

FROM PR J.S. IN MICHIGAN: Remember when almost every kid wore Thom McCanns? Are they still made?
FROM JACK: Thom McAn shoes are still sold at KMart. They reached their popularity in the 50's to 70's. The brand was named after Scottish golfer, Thomas McCann. I think that Thom McAn was the store that would x-ray your feet in the shoe to see if they fit properly.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Slippers & New Balance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this is a recipe for living with diversity.
Thanks, Pastor Freed,
Sharon