Thursday, May 01, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 5/1/08
“It’s time for us to cross the street.”
(Evan Krauss) Harris-Stowe Univ. and SLU are separated by a street. The historic black school and the Jesuit school are making an attempt to better understand each other, to cross the street. We observe World Day of Prayer today; it’s an opportunity for people of various religious faiths to cross the street. Is there a street that you need to cross? BTW, in my mess I found this treasure…a note reminding me to look up information on Harris-Stowe. Yea! ;-) Jack


FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Cross the street...build bridges...all terrific advice. Sometime we all need to do more of! May God bless us all today as we observe World Day of Prayer!

FROM T.L. IN MICHIGAN: I just want you to know that I read your Winning Words each day they are published, even though I haven’t responded in the blog. I love your thoughts, and each day, they provoke a thought or two in me. Sometime soon I want to treat myself to expounding in the blog.
Thanks for including me on your list.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i have had my most meaningful spiritual awakenings by crossing many streets many times!



FROM PR C.H. ON CAPE COD: Amen brother! You're talking to me this morning. See, even though this is yesterday's e-mail today I found it as treasure amdidst the 211 e-mails I'm trying to wade through!

FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS: I love Milne and Winnie; what a great happy quote.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Great Idea: one time, lon g ago, I went with Eddie R. to a Synagog in New Orleans, where instead of just chewing the fat after the service, everyone commenced huggin ea ch other. This place was filled with young people, so I said to Eddie,"you never told me that you did this in your church". He started stammering, he said,"In Madison, we don't do this". So I said, Ya, Sure, you just want to keep all the chickies to your self. Bob. Ac tually Aunt Laura started this idea back in the 30's. We usually went to 4 or 5 different churches during the summer. Nifty idea.No just the girls idea, but people totally

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to cross the street and try to understand more about the Moslem faith. What's happening in our own country during this campaign season, to me, is only pointing out that more understanding is becoming imperative. I wonder if some of the anger of some of the Islamic extremists is fomented by a feeling that a lot of us in the West seem to not take something that is very important to their lives even seriously enough to want to know them and their faith more fully. A way of belittling them.
Peace,
Sharon