Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 2/19/08
“For every evil under the sun, There is a remedy, or there is none; If there be one, try and find it; If there be none, never mind it.”
(Sign on the desk of a high school principal) There comes a time when you just have to let some things go. The story is told of a woman who could not sleep, because a problem was on her mind. Finally she prayed, “Dear, Lord you neither slumber nor sleep, so I’m turning this problem over to you.” Then she turned over and went to sleep. ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Looks like she passed her problem on to somebody else. That's a solution?

FROM JACK TO C.F.:
Take Your Burden to the Lord and Leave It There Leave it there, oh, leave it there Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there If you would trust Him and never doubt He will surely bring you out Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there I have the world from you withhold of its silver and its gold And you'll have to get along with [me just fast] Just remember in God's words how He fed those little birds Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there Now, if your body suffers pain and your health you can't regain And you soul is almost sinkin' in despair Jesus knew the pain you feel He can save and He can heal Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there If your enemy assails and our heart begin to fail Don't you forget that God in heaven will answer prayer He will make a way for you, He will guide you safely through Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there Now, if your useful days are gone and old age in stealing on And your body sinks beneath the weight of care Jesus will never leave you then, He'll go with you to the end Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there Now, if you'r mother leaves you here grief and sorrow you must bear And you feel that all the friend you have is gone But whenever you feel alone, Jesus will take you in His arms Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there

FROM J.C. IN HONG KONG: This is the type of phrase liberal "thinkers" used in pre-WW2 to avoid confronting Hitler. They slept well at first, but not so well later.

FROM G.G. IN INDY: These are winning words for me, today and everyday! (I've used Peruvian worry dolls to help me sleep..... I assign a worry to the doll....on big worry nights they're all lined up on my bedside table....they worry / I sleep.) Pretty funny.

FROM JACK TO G.G.: When I'm worried and I can't sleep I count my blessings instead of sheep And I fall asleep counting my blessings When my bankroll is getting small I think of when I had none at all And I fall asleep counting my blessings

REPLY FROM G.G.: good one....although, I'd be up all night counting..... I have so many!

FROM B.S. (A FORMER DRUGGIST) NEAR ORLANDO: When we opened our pharmacy I had the same problem, I couldn't fall asleep because I was running each and every Rx that I filled that day through my mind, no way could I sleep. So I finally said to myself, "Bob,. do what your parents told you to do, "Do a good job the first time, so you won"t have to re-do it" ( I might add, unless of course if you screw up, them immediately admit it and correct it, and notify the patient, and say you goofed and your are sorry,get it over with, and go on with helping others.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, after reading today's Winning Words, the best way I can get some sleep tonight is if I choose to ignore them--some evil that there is no remedy for? I always took some comfort from believing trustingly that the universe tilted towards justice and trying to act in faith on that.
Sharon