Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 2/14/08
“In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.”
(Mignon McLaughlin) I like this one for Valentine’s Day. It’s good commentary on what is love, too. Mignon is also famous for her quote: “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times always with the same person.” ;-) Jack


FROM J.O. IN MICHIGAN: Good one! Love never ends.

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: I just forwarded your Winning Words today to my daughter. Both she and her boyfriend are mathematical types and I thought she and he would enjoy them.

FROM J.H. IN OHIO: I like your math!

FROM D.P. IN MINNESOTA: "two minus one equals nothing" is for the most part true, but I am still here. Happy Heart Day!

For God so loV ed the world,
That He gA ve
His onL y
BegottE n
SoN
T hat whosoever
Believeth I n Him
Should N ot perish,
But have E verlasting life."John 3:16

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Of all the examples we have of LOVE that is the deepest and most lasting. Happy Valentine's Day.

FROM G.C. IN SAN DIEGO: True, true, true! Good, good, good!

No comments: