Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 2/13/08
“Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.”
(Churchill) Do you have that problem, too? If I had it to do over again, I’d pay more attention to my teachers. Life’s lessons are another category. There’s an old saying: “We grow too old soon and too late smart.” ;-) Jack


FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Lessons in the classroom...you can take them or leave them. Life's lessons you take...and you disregard them at your peril.

FROM G.W. IN TEXAS: Thanks, Jack. Today's words reminded me of my dad, who always said, "We grow too soon old and too late smarts." Interesting in that he died at 51. I'm blessed to be pushing 59!

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: I have personally thought that wisdom is lost on the aged...why can't we be as smart as we actually thought we were when we were young????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I do not believe that I am always ready to learn, maybe it's because I've already closed the doors on the thing I don't really want to be taught. But, over these long years, God has shown me and I've been comforted by the fact that God seems to have an infinitely great number of ways to make me ready to learn, some of those ways have turned out to be quite humorous.
Sharon