Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/16/08
“The best mirror is an old friend.”
(George Herbert) The internet provides us with a chance to connect with Old Friends. Amazing. Then, there’s Face Book. I haven’t tried it. And how Simon and Garfunkel’s song, Old Friends? One of my favorites. I guess nothing beats sitting down, face to face, with an old friend. Why not make list today of some of those you’ve reconnected with through cyberspace. ;-) Jack


FROM S.A. IN VEGAS: Getting Christmas cards through standard mail was nice. I enjoy the walk to the mailbox. There’s something about passing a photo of old friends around the kitchen table…..but to hear from my Uncle Jack nearly every day is a real treat.

FROM D.S. IN SAN DIEGO: You would definitely be in my top 5!!!

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: Had a 70th b'day party last week by one of our daughters for me & my wife (b'days are 4 days apart). Tuscan cuisine, in our home with 2 couples (long-time friends). One of the 2 best b'days I've had - the other was when I was 8 or 10. Old friendships are precious.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: With you as my mirror, I know the image before me is much better than myself.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: We're young friends, you and me, Jack, so are we good mirrors nonetheless? I bet so.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i'll be singing about old friends all day. it's one of my favorites as well. thanks and love to an old friend!

No comments: