Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 12/20/07
“Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters.”
(Trey Parker and Matt Stone) To me the key words here are: “the time we spent together.” The time may be long or short, but the memories give value. What a great gift to be able to recall! Thanks for your friendship. ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER. J.T.: Yes, a great gift. I had 44 years with Elaine and 6 months with Judy. Although many years difference the time spent was special.

FROM MOLINER, L.P.: This is a special quote for me today. My daughter's 104-year-old great-grandmother is celebrating her birthday today in the hospital. She's a totally cool lady, and despite my divorce from her grandson, I adore and admire her. We talked yesterday, and, though she is dying, she didn't say "goodbye," she asked me to come see her "tomorrow." I am glad we have good memories of each other...

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: The time we spent together before distance set us apart, always provided something memorable to me. The hours you shared with my family were special and we still reflect on those experiences. I'm grateful that technology has enabled us to continue our relationship via Winning Words.

FROM BBC: Are you a fan? Have you read South Park and Philosophy or the Bible According to the Simpsons?

FROM PLD IN MICHIGAN: beautifully put!

FROM MOLINER, J.R.: Have enjoyed your winning words each day---in regard to todays. My daughter and I were on a tour in the Alps and as we entered our bus one day the tour guide handed us a peice of candy. In the wrapper was a small peice of paper that read " I can`t remember what we did but we were together." We had a great time.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Having the time to say goodbye means an awful lot too and very precious, but memories are for always. That's why I spend so much time on my scrapbooks. My family, for many generations, has taken photos and were smart enough to label them. And those special memories, the ones you can't possibly put down on paper, or in an album, are the most precious.

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: You've been making us all see our neighbors, even Plato and many dead people a lot better than we did before you started your e-mailing ministry. I hope tomorrow and the next day and the next and the next one after that we continue to get your Winning Words. I hope you're not saying goodby to us or something.

FROM B.G. IN MICHIGAN: I have been ruminating a lot about the death of Dan Fogelberg this week. Although the only time we "spent time together" were the three concerts of his that I attended, I felt a connection with him through his music. I'm glad I was able to spend some time with him. May he rest in peace.

FROM L.E. IN MICHIGAN: So true, so true. My husband died in July and we didn't get a chance to say goodbye, but we spent almost 50 years married and traveled all over the world and did what we wanted to do. I read this on 12-22 during a very difficult time. Thank You.

No comments: