Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 12/19/07
“I think you’re not human unless you have doubts and fears.”
(Coach K) Some people do a better job of hiding them, but look under the skin, and there they are. One of my favorite carols is, O Little Town of Bethlehem…Especially the verse that goes, “The hopes and fears of all the years are met in Thee.” Yes, there is a way to deal with those doubts and fears that Mike mentions. ;-) Jack


FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: I believe doubts and fears go beyond humans, to touch the animal kingdom as well. Have you ever seen a dog cower in the presence of a cruel owner...or a deer stop nibbling, to perk its ears and pivot its head...or a robin stop pursuing a worm momentarily, to check for a stealthy cat? We all are vulnerable. Humans however have a source of solace and hope in our Lord ("He restoreth my soul"), but what relief is there for lower forms of life?

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Absolutely. My biggest fear is ill health. That's my biggest prayer too...good health for those around me and myself. The rest I can handle...I think....I mean, I don't want to doubt I can do it....

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Wow, we have been singing this song"con much gusto" for many years, and now we disect it. It is interesting to think about one's fears. I just wonder how far we would have progressed from poverty to a middle cclass status if we had concentrated on our fears, instead of doing as we did, and as uncl John said "Work harder, work faster, the team needs to be fed and watered, we didn"t", so it is true, we didn't concentrate on our fears. ?? What if we had?

No comments: