Friday, December 14, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 12/14/07
“Wise men talk, because they have something to say….fools, because they have to say something.”
(Plato – Sent by B.G.) Pay attention; I have something to say. “Plato was a wise man.” One of my favorite courses in college was a Seminar on Plato. The Dialogs of Plato were a resource. Good stuff. Google it for a superficial look. ;-) Jack

FROM D.S. IN SAN DIEGO: It even goes to "writing". I read some of the blogs yesterday and a couple of those
were by fools. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

MORE FROM D.S.: I do love reading all those that agree WITH ME!!
You do know I'm jerking your chain don't you?

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: Philosophy was my weakest course - too much gray for an engineer!

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: With 13" of snow outside keeping me indoors, sitting here at the keyboard I may as well "say something." I hope that isn't foolish.

FROM B.D. IN MICHIGAN: That was the best one of the month..........I can think of a few people this fits both ways, but the fools would never guess I picked them, they would be too busy talking. This is one of those winning words I'll remember for a very long time, Thanks.

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Problem is that some fools have a knack of making their garbage csound convincing. Politicians are well noted here. (Although they eventually do get found out)

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: How many times have I wished I would have kept my mouth shut! I think that is the one thing I can say I would do differently sometimes....just simply listen! Plato was wise!

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: i have nothing to say, yet.....oops i guess i'm a fool once again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you said "Plato was a wise man" just followed your advice and googled The Dialogs of Plato. Looked at the meaning of "sophist". Found that the Islamists preserved Plato's writings. They must have thought him a wise man too in order to have thought it important to do that. Always wondering now about the mind-set of Islamists and today learned something. Thanks, Pastor Freed.