Thursday, November 08, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 11/8/07
“Do not bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.”
(Emerson) There are plenty of barkers out there in the world. We need more folks who are willing to point out what is good, and talk about it. ;-) Jack


FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Yes, like my mom used to say..."If you can't say something nice, don't say it." I'm sure she didn't coin the saying, but she sure used it a lot!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: as pollyanna would say, "that's a scalingly wonderful idea!"

FROM REV. J.S. IN MICHIGAN: Why not "both/and" rather than "either/or"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today's Winning Words are really striking me. I fear I am one barking against the bad in the Human Sexuality Bible study we are having at our church. The culture has become over-sexualized, etc., etc., etc. Taking a day today to think about and chant the beauty of the good. I believe Emerson himself was a very gracious and kindly gentlemanly person. What good things would he have found in today's culture? Maybe that we have more choices?