Monday, November 19, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 11/19/07
“A smiling face is half the meal.”
(Latvian Proverb) This is a good one for the Thanksgiving holiday. Why not look around you at dinnertime and count the smiles. The one on your face counts, too. Here’s a geography quiz. Put these three in the proper order from north to south: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania. No fair looking at a map. ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: There're in the right order. What country is on the coast south of Lithuania?
Are you Blue today?

FROM J.D. IN MINNESOTA: AM I RIGHT? LITHUANIA, LATVIA, ESTONIA. SOUTH TO NORTH JOHN

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: Ouch! Geography was my hands down worst subject.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: There is nothing more uncomfortable than sitting across from a crabby or sad person. I personally like to eat happy, as you can tell by looking at me! I think you put the countries in the correct order... Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania north to south. No map used!

FROM C.R. IN MARYLAND: .......try this one: Iceland, Greenland ,Finland, Fairbanks. Happy Thanksgiving

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: Two observations . . . first, for a sermon I checked the concordance for "smile". . . it doesn't appear in the English Bible! And I checked "laughter" - that only appears a few times, and mostly not in a positive context! Secondly, you have the three nations in the correct order, north to south. A few years I took a tour through Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Russia. A great tour - we finished in St. Petersburg!

SMILES: There are smiles that make us happy,There are smiles that make us blue,There are smiles that steal away the tear drops,As the sunbeams steal away the dew,There are smiles that have a tender meaning,That the eyes of love alone may see,And the smiles that fill my life with sunshineAre the smiles that you give to me.

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: we are not fed by bread alone...right?

MORE FROM G.G.: from a long time ago in Montreal, Wis. "I have something in my pocket, it belongs across my face. I keep it very close to me , in the most convenient place. I know you'll never guess it, if you guess a long, long while. I'll take it out and put it on. It's a great big Brownie smile!"

No comments: