Monday, October 08, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 10/8/07
“When in doubt, mumble; when in trouble, delegate; when in charge, ponder.”
(James Boren) This is a good one for those of you going to work today. Post it in a prominent spot. Boren once ran for President as the Bureaucrat’s Candidate. His slogan: “I’ve got what it takes to take what you’ve got.” ;-) Jack


FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: You're kidding (about the slogan), right?!

FROM THE JUDGE IN MICHIGAN: One of your better ones

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Reminds me of one I loved when I was in a very competitive business, "Screw the other guy...let him wonder what you are up to.

FROM B.B. IN ILLINOIS: These quotes are both great; thought provoking, probably worthwhile to execute and funny at the same time.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: "...when reproached, deny; and when everything else confronts you, disappear." Is there anyone around who will simply take responsibility?

FROM MOLINER, J.T.: Also good for those of us who are not going to work today.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: This is a good message for October 8! (My birthday....I have officially stopped having them, except for the parties.) But one of my favorite words is ponder! And I loved this message...mumble, delegate and ponder. Words to live by if you are in Congress or the Senate, or any political office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband is great at doing those things. Especially the mumbling, when he also turns his head away from the listener, could be me, so you can't try to read his lips either. I'm enjoying a chuckle here.