Monday, October 22, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 10/22/07
“That they may have a little peace, even the best dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally.”
(William Feather) Snarl is one of those onomatopoeian words. It sounds like what it describes. I hope you don’t have to use a snarl to bring peace, but who’s to know what you will face today. A smile might work. I saw an article this past week that says dogs smile. Have you ever seen such a thing?. :;-) Jack

FROM AL & CLAUDIA IN ROYAL OAK: No but We have a new Kitty that fetches! Ill work on the smile!

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Jack - Funny you should ask. I had a Black Lab who smiled on command. Honest. Notice That I used "who"...because she was really people. or so she thought. Maybe she was. But a truely good friend. ask. I'm not sure she snarled, but she did growl at the proper times.

FROM J.B.: I have seen a dog smile! The dog was smiling at my son Jay when he was a little boy.

FROM G.T. IN N.Y.: Well, I don't know about those smiling dogs you wrote about today--but our "tiny" 80-pound puppy ran up the stairs while I was bent over wiping them a few days ago--he thinks he's small--anyway, as I'm calmly trying to clean each stair, he comes running up like a bullet and squeezes past me under my arm and chin--knocking my chin up into my teeth. Now, I have a nice bruise there. Chuck says I really should stay out of those bar fights on Friday nights .

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Yes, indeed,their is a bigdifference between a smile and anarl, and yes I can tell the difference. Just ask a chickie if she "needs" to hold hands et al.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone once forwarded me a whole e-mail of pictures of dogs and also cats smiling. I believe there is a place for them someone, some way, in some form for them in heaven too some how.