Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 9/5/07
“It’s a good thing to be rich and a good thing to be strong, but it is a better thing to be loved by many friends.”
(Euripides) E was born in 480 BC. He was a prolific writer. He also had many friends. Winning Words is a way for me to connect with my friends. There’s a personal story which connects me with each one of you who receives today’s message. I am thankful for that. As Ellen says: “Back at cha!” ;-) Jack


FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: For myself, I find it more satisfying to have love for my friends, than to be loved by those friends. I cherish our friendship, Jack, and continue to draw strength from it.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Can’t we be all three? Can there be honor in being less than you are able—then rationalizing you have friends instead of money? Are they are mutually exclusive?

MORE FROM JON: You and Euripides didn’t ask for us to choose. Euripides just states one is better than the other.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: all you need is love...ba,ba,ba,da,da...

FROM THE BEATLES:
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be in time
It's easy.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
All you need is love (all together now)
All you need is love (everybody)
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.


FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Good friends are very hard to find, and are worth much more than money. Money is a necessary evil, but friends are irreplaceable!

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: Make new friends but keep the old...one is silver and the other's gold. The circle is round, it has no end.....that's how long I want to be your friend. (Thanks for being my friend for so long. You are the glue.)

MORE FROM G.G.: ps. You continue to be a gatherer of people (shepherd?). I consider the WW bloggers to be my new "silver" friends.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: Lloyd, for now at least, is thankful for Bill Martin.

FROM MOLINER, B.G.: One thing about us that I remember, when we were young, is how you used to beat me at tennis...............:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat Winning Words today, Pastor Freed!!!! I'm thankful to know you and be among all the stories of all the people who correspond with you. "Back at cha!" too.