Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 9/12/07
“Don’t ever be too busy to see the look in their eyes.”
(Unknown) In response to Monday’s WWs on LISTENING, this was sent to me by someone who works in a nursing home. Many people speak with their eyes…a teenager, a spouse, a friend, the frail elderly. Can you think of others? The eyes have it! ;-) Jack

FROM ETSINGS: I thought this was good, if I do say so myself! (From Jack: ETSINGS is the one who works in the nursing home.)

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: There are ~ 17,000 non-verbal means of communication. ;-) :-* From psychology 101.


FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: This is soooo true!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: babies and children. they are the closest we can get to a window to the other side.
RESPONSE FROM JACK: DON'T FORGET THE FRAIL ELDERLY.
AND BACK ATCHA FROM M.L.: i was going to put that in my reply as well, but the phone rang. i have often thought about working with end of life people for that very reason. something intrigues me about the closeness to the other side. i am comforted by it. love, goofey mary

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA (Sister to M.L.): Babies and children.

FROM J.G. IN MINNESOTA: A child. Many years ago, one of our children scolded me with ..."Look at me when I talk to you!" I was hearing her, but she did not know that.

No comments: