Monday, July 30, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 7/30/07
“You can’t saw sawdust.”
(Bob Feller) Rapid Robert joined the Navy at the start of WW 2 and missed 3 prime seasons of his baseball career. Asked if he had regrets, he answered with today’s quote. Perhaps you can post it in your home and look at it when you have regrets about the past. BTW, it’s good to be back on line. ;-) Jack

I'M REMINDED OF FRANK SINATRA' S SIGNATURE SONG: Regrets, I've had a few But then again, too few to mention I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway And more, much more than this, I did it my way

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Or burn ashes, but many people do. I have remembered this quote from, Jim Rohn, "Regret or worry, is like an economic cancer. Allowed to continue, it will haul you off into a financial desert where you will choke on the dust of your own regrets." How's that for a vivid picture? He was speaking to sales people, but the application is universal.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: My parents knew Bob Feller pretty well, and I've met him on a couple of occasions.

FROM J.S. IN MICHIGAN: BTW...sawdust is now made into pressed board and you can saw it....so much for the quote from the Van Meter strong boy. He has a museum there. Have you visited it?

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: This is a VERY good quote.....how many times do we look back and say, "I wish I would have, or wouldn't have" However, each one of those would or wouldn't haves, shaped our lives. I "wouldn't have" changed anything! The sawdust is what makes you you and that's a good thing!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: did you know that my parents told ruthie that hot dogs were made out of sawdust when she was little? odd that i turned out to be the only vegetarian in the group after snickering over that clever prank!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Pastor Freed!!! Great to hear you continue hale and hearty and have some more Winning Words to pass along to us.