Monday, July 09, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 7/ 9/07
“Everywhere, there’s music in the air.”
These words were repeated over and over in a song that I heard Sunday morning on NPR. Also, the music in church was especially good yesterday. And the birds were singing as I went out to get the newspaper. What kinds of songs are in the air for you? What kind of music do you like? And, who’s famous for the song, “Everywhere, there’s music in the air?” I’m wondering. ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Truly, “Happiness depends on your disposition, not your circumstances.” Martha Washington (I think).

Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

FROM J.S. IN MICHIGAN: "the music of the spheres"

FROM E.T. IN MICHIGAN: As a member of the Beckridge Chorale (formerly Plymouth Community Chorus) you know that there is always music in the air for me! I agree, you can hear it all over, if you listen!

This is my Father’s world, and to my listening earsAll nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.This is my Father’s world: I rest me in the thoughtOf rocks and trees, of skies and seas;His hand the wonders wrought.
This is my Father’s world, the birds their carols raise,The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker’s praise.This is my Father’s world: He shines in all that’s fair;In the rustling grass I hear Him pass;He speaks to me everywhere.


FROM C.H. ON CAPE COD: Very true. Our family is currently at the Presbyterian Association of Musicians annual conference at Westminster College near Pittsburgh. Lots of music everywhere - This morning Tiffany and I co-preached on Easter 5 text (stoning of Stephen and Jn.14 'do not let your hearts be troubled' - also in worship: tremendous organ music, children's choir, reading of the gospel by a Korean pastor, accompanied by drum, bell choir accompanied cihldren's choir, closing hymn, "Thine is the Glory" was accompanied by instrumental music. So, indeed, "everywhere there was music in the air!"

No comments: