Thursday, June 14, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 6/14/07
“The American flag represents all of us and all the values we hold sacred.”
(Adrian Cronauer) Enough with the blue states and the red states. Let us celebrate the red, white and blue, and proudly fly the flag today. Flag Day was originated in 1885, by a school teacher in Fredonia, Wisconsin, as a means of teaching his students American values. I just thought you’d like to know. ;-) Jack



FROM M.N. IN ST. PAUL: My flag is flying proudly. I put up a couple of small ones today too. Happy Flag Day!

FROM B.G. IN MICHIGAN: Amen! How about celebrating the red, white, blue, black, brown, yellow, pink, etc. beauty of this country; all somehow covered by the stars and stripes.


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: The battle over the “red” and “blue” states has left many black and blue—with purple bruises.

FROM MOLINER, D.S.: I PROUDLY fly the American flag on a 20 foot pole every day. On July 4th I will also drape one across the front of my garage.

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: I just put out our flag, before I read your word - yes, I am for the red, white and blue. As part of our flag day I am reading Gore's latest book - which stresses the importance of reason in our government.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Amen! What happened to good old American compromise, the stuff on which our nation was born? We have a flag up 24/7 and with a light shining on it 24/7 also. We are blessed to live in America and we best not forget it either! I didn't know where it started and I thank you for the information!

FROM C.P., NEAR FREDONIA: Fredonia is 10 miles north of Saukville. We have gone many times to the Flag Day parade and celebration.

FROM MOLINER, J.T.: Just a side note. I have a grandson who will be leaving for his 3rd tour to Iraq. He is an Army Ranger and proud to be an American. He just re-uped for another 4 years. Might even be a lifer.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a Big AMEN to that.
Don Z