Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 6/13/07
“If people can’t accept your imperfections, that’s their fault.”
(David Burns) I like this one for a couple of reasons. I like a sentence that arrives at an unexpected conclusion. What do you call that? I also like the truism that none of us is perfect, and we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously. Lighten up! ;-) Jack


FROM J.S. IN MICHIGAN: I can't just accept my own imperfections. I try to do something to get better. Too busy dealing with myself to notice the problems with others!!!

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Give me a sense of humor, Lord;Give me the grace to see a joke,To get some humor out of life,And pass it on to other folk.From one of my emails! I personally, don't have any faults....(My husband) however, has a few!

FROM MOLINER, D.S.: Luckily I have NO imperfections so it has never been a problem.


FROM J.C. IN HONG KONG: Except for our own unique set of imperfections, we are all exactly the same.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: It may be THEIR fault, but you have to let God deal with the consequences. In other words, we cannot be the judge of what's fair.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Thanks Jack, I look at my friends from the Triangle Club as God's family who he made more gifted than he made me. I can't fault him for that, but I am so happy for them, may they enjoy their lives to the fullest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Other people seem to have a problem with me being so hard on myself--sometimes they tell me they don't like thate imperfection in me. I wonder if my strategy is to accept my imperfections before they get a chance to accept them so sometimes we actually don't know who finally is at fault. The best thing is not to take ourselves too seriously.