Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 5/9/07
“I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.”
(Maya Angelou) I can picture it now…Pudge Rodriguez of the Detroit Tigers wearing two catcher’s mitts. What a laugh! This weekend the postal workers are collecting canned goods for the needy. Here’s a chance for us to give something back. Any other ideas? ;-) Jack

FROM M.H. IN MICHIGAN: Not exactly giving back but I just spent most of the last year promoting a competition for students in grade 5-8 called You Be The Chemist Challenge. Over 1000 students in schools in Michigan and Chicago were given the opportunity to compete for prizes and finally a trip to Philadelphia where the prize list gets much bigger. My company supplied all necessary supplies and costs for the various competitions. THe events were great! Here were kinds who never get the chance to compete and be recognized. THeir parents were excited and they were excited. The experience was very rewarding and I will work to grow it next year. I gave of many hours of my time and also was allowed to invest the company's money.

FROM F.M. IN RACINE: I received so many ideas every day when pick up my mail - I won't bore you with the many suggestions we receive. We use LWR to memorialize someone, thank a person and honor someone.

FROM P.H. IN MINNESOTA: tithe to Shepherd of the Valley LC!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for passing on to us the postal workers' collection of canned goods, Pastor Freed. We'll be on board with responding to that idea.