Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 5/8/07
“I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world.”
(Socrates) For two days in a row I’m using the words of this Greek philosopher; it’s because I like the thought.. When he was a little boy, my niece’s son was asked by an airline attendant: “Where are you from?” In seriousness, he replied: “Planet Earth.” I wish more people would have that kind of insight. ;-) Jack


FROM REV. P.H. IN MINNESOTA: I like the line: don't ever let your patriotism stop at the border! we are citizens of the world... God's world

FROM SHIRLEY IN FLORIDA: Your winning words today remind me of how naive I was in the early 50's. I expected that by now asking for race on any form would be obsolete. In fact I remember filling out applications with the answer - human. Unfortunately, we haven't come that far yet.

No comments: