Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 5/29/07
“No one becomes a good doctor before he fills a churchyard.”
(Swedish Proverb) I have a good doctor. I’ve got to remember to ask him about this one. I guess that in any profession, you don’t become good without practice. ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: This would seem to make the high cost of medical school even higher when considered in total

FROM REV. J.D. IN MINNESOTA: THATS WHY THEY CALL IT A PRACTICE.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: A truly humane doctor would be somewhat philosophical about things, perhaps thinking that medicine cannot do what it does on its own.

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: I wonder what other profession this could apply to . . . a marrying preacher?

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Grandma Hammer told me a long time ago,"beware of doctors". Melcor Carlson told me one time, a long time ago, "if you find me lying unconscious in the field call a veternarian",so I asked why and he said"they usually can diagnose a situation without asking questions ( of a horse ), and they bring a little black bag of medicine with them", What I wanted to say was,I hope they don't hve to fill a grave yard before they become adept at their profession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness, he/she, the doctor is filling a churchyard. There are other places he/she could be filling. I have a good doctor too, Pastor Freed.