Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 5/15/07
Today’s WWs was all set to go. Then I reread it and was reminded of a quote by Jon Stewart of The Daily Show: “I always knew I shouldn’t have said that.” Sometimes, by stopping and thinking, we can avoid misunderstandings. I think of the children’s song: “Be careful little mouth, what you speak.” Do you recall it? ;-) Jack

FROM J.C. IN HONG KONG: For the Father up above, Is looking down in love, So be careful, little mouth, what you speak. Hmm, let me think ... should I send this back to you? Well, you know, I never knew this song until I got involved with children's ministry here in HK, courtesy of the good ol' Church of England.

FROM N. AND K. IN THE U.P.: THANK YOU, JACK.....YOU KEEP REMINDING US TO "THINK".

FROM J.D. IN THE TWIN CITIES: , DON IMUS SHOULD HAVE REMEMBERED THE CHILDREN'S SONG, "BE CAREFUL LITTLE MOUTH----." THE BIBLE SPEAKS ABOUT THE TONGUE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good advice. Here is an update. How about--Be careful little fingers what you blog. or e-mail. or --"their mouth was running but their brain wasn't in gear"
daz

Anonymous said...

Many are the times I have spoken something that I immediately regretted when the words were out of my mouth and then have spent hours and maybe even days, maybe even longer than that, seriously feeling badly and repenting and in some manner apologizing to the person and to God. It's very lucky to be able to type and reread. Saves a lot of time.

Anonymous said...

I think the same is true for "revelation" and "recognition". Time to get busy seeking the revelations that remain unrecognized! We are likely missing significant measures of Truth.
RDG

Anonymous said...

Just now read a quote, source is not given:
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.