Friday, March 23, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 3/23/07
“Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.”
(Unknown) On average, we blink 15,000 times a day. Things do change, and sometimes at an alarming speed. My experience has been that a religious faith can help us meet the unexpected and not be overcome by it. Has that been your experience? ;-) Jack


FROM REV. J.D. IN MINNESOTA: EVERYTHING CAN CHANGE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE. IT DOES OFTEN AND WE EITHER ROLL WITH THE PUNCH OR WE ARE KNOCKED OUT. AS CHRISTIANS WE GET KNOCKED DOWN , BUT OUR FAITH KEEPS US FROM BEING KNOCKED OUT. FAITH IS THE SOURCE OF OUR STRENGTH AND TIES US IN WITH THE ONE WHO IS OUR MIGHTY FORTRESS.

FROM J.O. IN MICHIGAN: Yes, it has. The two events that immediately come to mind were the loss of my parents. My faith in God gave me comfort because they were moved to a better place, although I still miss them terribly. My dad passed in 1983 and my mother passed in 1993.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God's Grace sees me through everything. I can't imagine not having my faith in Him to get me through....sometimes it's the only way I get through! God is good!
Blessings, Judy