Thursday, March 22, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 3/22/07
“You can change your jeans, but not your genes.”
(Sent by Don Conrad) We are who we are, for better or worse. When I look in the mirror, I see my mother. Is there some one who has especially influenced you? BTW, I was in Sears a couple of days ago and saw a display of Levi’s…relaxed fit. Do you wear jeans? ;-) Jack


FROM J.H. IN FALCON COUNTRY: Do you remember when I thought the neil diamond song was "reverend in blue jeans" vs. forever in blue jeans? So your winning words reminded me of that...

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: I have moved past relaxed fix to “the next size.” I don’t know if anyone remembers “husky size,” when I was a kid Mom would buy size 14 husky. I supposed relaxed fit is the PC version of Husky.
FROM P.O. IN DETROIT: Yup --- and keep wondering if there's an age where you probably shouldn't anymore. But I trust that my daughter will let me know if that's the case!

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: I've worn only one (1) pair of jeans in my whole life. They WERE comfortable, as I recall. My modus operandi has always been khacki's and penny loafers. I have a mother-in-law (Jean), my daughter's mother-in-law is (Jean) and I am a loafer,ha! You have a Jeanne, don't you?

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i thank god and my parents for my genes. they makes it possible for me to look not-so-scarey in my jeans at 50+.

FROM M.L.'S SISTER: I can't change my genes (I got pretty lucky there) but truth be known, I don't change my jeans much either! It's all about the fit ... when I find a good one, I wear them until they fall apart. I've sold jeans for many years at the Gap ... I continue to encourage people of ALL ages to embrace the value of a good pair of jeans! (My mother is in my mirror too.)

FROM PR CHUCK IN OHIO: I like the "informal" at Church but not the "casual".

FROM L.L. IN MICHIGAN: When I look in the mirror - I see my father. He so loved life, people, and a good conversation. He installed morals and values in us that you really don't see in "kids" today. I now realize, at my ripe age of 45, that he taught me so much. It will be 4 years ago on April 3rd since he passed away. I still miss very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dad, a farmer, enjoyed wearing overalls. My Mom worked for years and years to get him to start wearing jeans. She thought they looked much more stylish. Finally she did succeed in getting him to wear jeans. I wear jeans all the time. Don't recall ever seeing my Mom in a pair though. She preferred polyester knit slacks. I think, as I get older, I will probably start switching to polyester knit slacks.