Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 2/14/07
“A bell is no bell ‘til you ring it. A song is no song ‘til you sing it. And love in your heart Wasn’t put there to stay – Love isn’t love ‘til you give it away."
(Oscar Hammerstein) Do you know the musical where these words are found? What a perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day – to give love away. Maybe you also might want to ring a bell or sing a song. Happy Valentine’s Day to YOU!!! ;-) Jack

FROM B.S. IN FLORIDA: Oscar Hammerstine had a real talent. I must confess I don't remember the musical.We are going to a partial musical next Sat. I think. The Music Man. We really like to see,hear it. Especially when Miriam the Libriam sings to, shucks , what's his name, I can see him in my minds eye. Merideth Wilson had real talent. I often wondered if any of these fabulous musical people had any children in whom the genes were passed on?

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: thanks. this is the story that i base mine on. you would love to hear the embellishments of the pre-school clan. i ask them about love, war, marriage, family, ect. one of the best comments this year was from little sarah. she stated, "i would get my dad and we would tell that mean ruler what is right!". children are the best of moral compasses.

FROM REV. JOHN IN MINNESOTA: I LIKE THIS DAY. THE ORIGINS ARE MAINLY MYTHICAL, BUT SOME MYTHS WARM THE HEART. BESIDES I AM A SENTIMENTALIST.

FROM J.M. IN COLORADO: I recognize it but can't place it -- my Rogers & Hammerstein is limited to South Pacific and Sound of Music, with a little Oklahoma! Have a loving Valentine's Day -- here we've been hanging paper hearts around the kitchen all week with words about what we each love about eachother. It's been fun and brought lots of smiles

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Ah yes, one of the first songs about Potential versus Kinetic Energy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you! The Gemini Twins, a children's musical group, came to the kid's elementary school and they were Andy's favorite. They sang this song and for year's it was his favorite! Love is nothing till you give it away! I don't know the musical, but I love the words and music! Blessings today and always, Judy