Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 1/31/07
“Life is like a tin of sardines. We’re all looking for the key.”
(Alan Bennett) I go to a barber shop where one of the barbers believes that eating sardines every day is the key to a long and healthy life. What do you believe is the key to life? Go to the blog and share it. BTW, how long has it been since you opened a can of sardines? ;-) Jack


FROM P.O. IN DETROIT: I just realized that I've never purchased or eaten a sardine in my entire life --- probably time to step out there and have a new experience!

FROM REV. JOHN IN MICH: "The Breath of Life"

FROM REV. JOHN IN MN: GOOD GENES AND EVERYTHING IN MODERATION.

FROM REV. DAVE IN OR: My Love, Wanda, eats them when I'm not at home!

FROM FRIEND, GENIE: I don't know for sure about THE key but I believe A key to a long and healthy life is good out-loud laughter .. and lots of it!. If you can't muster up a laugh, a smile is a good start (keeps those lines in your face going up instead of down). Now that I'm thinking about it, a good cry is also very beneficial to healthy longevity ! Sardines sound good to me too. Maybe we should keep our hearts and our sardine tins open to live a long and healthy life !

FROM L.P. IN MICH: I was the story time leader at VBS this last summer and we did the lesson with the bursting nets of fish and Jesus cooking fish on the shore. So I read that sardines were among the fish commonly eaten by people of that region so I brought in a can of sardines as a prop. The youngest classes didn't know what sardines were. They wanted me to open the can and show them but I figured that would likely end badly so I didn't . I'm not sure if I've ever used a sardine key, though Dad eats sardines regularly.

FROM B.S. IN FLORIDA: HI, start out with good Swedish DNA. Then live in a clean air environment, clean water, clean food, and like my Pa said a lo ng time ago, "Get a yatch (lot ) when you are young, because when you are old, itwill not happen", Pa you were so right. Damn.

FROM THE MOLINE DISPATCH 6/10/07: 1857 -- 150 years ago: A loafer, name unknown, was up before Justice Swander yesterday for stealing sardines from Burdett And Sanger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Revelation. I can't believe unless God comes to me. If it's being able to find the key to open the can of sardines, the key to life must be, for me, faith.