Monday, January 29, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 1/29/07
“Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.”
(Sent Jim B.) Try some kindness today and see what will happen. Our dog, Tiger, used to show his happiness by barking, or by sitting up and begging. He was especially happy to get a piece of birthday cake. Do you have any favorite dog stories? ;-) Jack

JEANNE WRITES: This is a timely message for me. After several years without a dog, I got one Wednesday from the humane shelter. He is a beautiful 2 year old bichon/shih tzu mix, named Snoopy. You may be sure I am kind to him and I think we bring happiness to each other.

FROM BOB IN FL: We had rabbits and Matt tip toed out to feed them because we had them on the lawn until a neighbor dog scared the hell out of one ( and it's life too ) and then Julie asked one day,"Is that Blackie on the plate? I think a like statement is what made my Pa give up trying to feed the family with rabbit.

MORE FROM BOB IN FL: Hi, after rereading this e-mail, I remembered one time as a kid I was abandoned by my Aunt Laura. She used to come and get me as soon as school was out and I worked my tush off every day of the week. on the farm. Thank God we had to go to church on Sunday. WEll Aunt Laura used to drive into Kenosha on select days and go to help Grandma and I would go along. Except for this time, I was too far away to hear Aunt Laura calling me, so she took off be-4 I got to the car. So I sat down and cried, well Deacon was the farm's dog, and he came over and started licking my face, and then cuddled up. He assuaged my angst.

FROM P.O. IN DETROIT: No, but we had a cat whose favorite foods were potato chips with onion dip and tea!

No comments: