Tuesday, October 24, 2006

JACK'S WINNING WORDS 10/24/06
This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes.”
(Hannah Arendt) My personal precept includes two of the three, even though I can’t argue with Hannah’s idea. Being a German Jew during the Nazi era, no doubt, influenced her weltanschauung. ;-) Jack

FROM L. H. IN WI: That reminds me of what I always tell my daughter and my son; Over estimate costs/expenses, under estimate income, and you will not have any surprises.

A. W. COMES UP WITH THIS THOUGHT: You’ve got to believe that God is in control of your life. It may be a tough time but you’ve got to believe that God has a reason for it and he’s going to make everything good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, do you think her idea is shared with early and later Christian martyrs? Actually I wonder if she knew she had gone through the worst and I wonder if she would also say God had prepared her for it. God had prepared her to prepare for it. The best is that she lived and could give us these WINNING WORDS to try to know her.

Anonymous said...

In response to LH in Wisconsin...Amen!