Monday, August 14, 2006

JACK'S WINNING WORDS 8/14/06
“I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted, and behold, service was joy.”
(Tagore – Sent by Dana) This famous Indian writer and philosopher was born in 1861 and died in 1941. He was an influence on Gandhi. He practiced what he taught: A joyful life is a life of service. Look for a way to be joyful today! ;-) Jack


A FOLLOW UP FROM GEORGE IN SAN DIEGO
Schweitzer got to me as young college/seminary student and I was always impressed w/ a word from his writings which spoke loudly re his commitment being in part based on Jesus' words: "Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it but whoever loses his life for my sake and the Gospel will find it." True, true, true. Life really means the most when you give it away. Contentment and peace follow soon after. Oh if one could live that way every day! It seems paradoxical but one really needs to work at it.....the older you get. Right?

No comments: